Many teenagers are bullied or faced with the body-shaming issue. It is very much dangerous as it decreases one’s self-esteem. So to avoid all this, you must know about the teen bodybuilding.
Nowadays, teenagers are very much conscious about their physique. But some of them do no know how to start or what is needed to start this journey.
Therefore, for knowing all the information related to it, read the article below. I bet you can help not only yourself but also your other friends.
What is a teen bodybuilding?
Teen bodybuilding is an exercise for teenagers. A teen’s body and adult’s body is not the same.
There are also variations in workouts because of their ages. The teens might not do the challenging exercise that an adult can do. Of course, they will be capable of doing it by the passage of time.
They need to start with freehand exercises rather than weight lifting. If they even do weight lifting, it should not be more than 5 kg initially.
Perfect teen body
As the teens are aged 10 to 19, their perfect bodies are meant to be tall, healthy, and ideal weight according to height. This is the perfect age range to make the body flexible to do anything.
The more they will make their body strong, the more it will sustain the pain. Moreover, the height will also increase up to a few inches. There are many teenagers whose height is short according to age. So it will be very much helpful for them if they start a workout.
There is also less possibility of becoming an obese teen. You will find many applications in your mobile phone to know your perfect body size.
Workout routine for teen bodybuilding
A teen doesn’t need to do workout a whole week, especially when they are a beginner. Not only if you are a teen, everybody needs some rest after exercise. So it is best to exercise 5 to 6 days a week.
Give 2 to 3 hours in the gym, which is more than enough. Try to set the gym time in the morning or evening as you will remain free before or after your study. Moreover, this timing will provide you a calm sleep at night, which is very much significant.
As you are a teen, always start your workout with some freehand exercises. It will help to warm you up. Warm-up is a must to make the training active. Then after a particular time, you can go with weight lifting exercise.
Exercises for teen
There are different forms of exercises for teens. Some might want to gain weight, and others might want to lose weight in different parts of the body. According to that, the types of exercises are divided.
You do not need to go to the gym to have a perfect physique. It is also possible by remaining at home. All you will need some necessary equipment and knowledge about the types of workout. But to avoid any accident, you can take the help of an instructor who is an expert in this.
To help you out in every possible way, we are providing the process of a bunch of exercises that you will obviously need.
Upper body workout
The upper body includes biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, and stomach. So the specific workouts to target your upper body parts are as follows:
- Push-ups: Lie on the ground on your stomach and then keep your hand wide. Raise by stretching your hands. Do it for about 5 to 10 times. Do not apply more pressure at the initial, as you might feel pain in your ligaments.
- Plank: Take the same position as push-up, but this time you will have to keep your hands closer, and with the help of elbow, you should raise. Beginners do it for 1 minute, and gradually, you can increase it up to half an hour.
- Bicep curl: Take 2.5 kg initially to avoid any physical issues. You will need to grasp the weight and twist your hands up to the shoulders. Once you feel it lightweight, try with 5 or 7.5 kg.
- Chest press: Lie down on a bench, take 2.5 kg at each hand, place them above the chest, and lift your hands straight. Again start with the initial position and repeat it 10 to 15 times.
- Crunches: Lie down on the ground and bend your legs. Make your hands cross on the shoulder. Half lift your body forward and again go back. Do this until you feel the pain in your abs.
Lower body workout
The lower body includes legs, ankle, and butt. So the definite exercises which can help you target the lower part of the body are discussed below:
- Squats: Stand up and wide your legs. Slowly bend your legs as if you will sit. But do not sit; instead, hold your legs in that position for about 5 seconds and then again stand straight. Repeat the process for about 20 to 30 times until you feel pain.
- Deadlift: Take the same position as squats. Initially, keep the weight on the ground. Then sit and carry the weight up by keeping your backbone straight and bending a little bit forward. Continue it for about 10 to 15 times.
- Lunges: Put your hand on the stomach muscle. Step forward one of your legs, as if you will walk but instead put your knee to the ground. Again stand up and come back to the first position. Do the same with your opposite leg. Repeat it also for 20 to 30 times.
Healthy diet plan for teen
Only workouts cannot help you to build up the body. You also need to eat a healthy diet and lots of water.
If you contact an expert nutritionist, s/he can help you with the diet chart. But thinking about you, we are providing a food chart so that it allows you to get a perfect body:
- In the breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 1 glass of milk, 1 banana, and 2 pieces of bread.
- At noon: 1 apple and some dry fruits.
- At lunch: 1 cup of rice, 1 piece of chicken or sea fish, 1 cup of vegetables, and 1 cup of lentil.
- In the evening: 1 apple and some dry fruits.
- Before going to the gym: 2 boiled eggs and 1 banana.
- After workout: Lots of water.
- At dinner: 1 cup of rice, 1 cup of vegetables, and 1 glass of milk.
It is better to use less oil and spices at the time of preparing food. Drink 2 glasses of water before the heavy meals. Avoid fast foods with your friends, but you can have a minimal cheat day once a week.
So after reading the above article carefully, you know about the teen bodybuilding guide with all the workout plans and a healthy diet chart.
I hope you have now got a way to start your new journey without any doubt. You can do all the exercises mentioned above both at the home and gym.
It is sometimes challenging for a teen to go to the gym as the parents want them to focus on their studies. But as the study is essential, an attractive and good physique is also necessary.